Photo courtesy of Wayne Beaumont
Grinnell Library Mission Statement
The mission of the Grinnell Library is to provide free access to a variety of informational materials, library services, and programs using its resources and those of the Mid-Hudson Library System, to meet the educational, cultural, and recreational needs of the community.
- Patron Code of Conduct
- Child and Vulnerable Adult Safety Policy
- Computer Use Policy
- Community Room Use Policy & Application
- Disposal of Surplus Property Policy
We do have notary services, free of charge, normally available on weekdays from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Only English language documents may be notarized.
- Valid photo identification is required.
- If the customer, document or circumstance of the request for Notary Service raises any issue of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt or uncertainty, the Notary may, at her sole discretion, decline to provide Notary Service.
Grinnell Library Contacts
Main Number: (845) 297-3428
Fax Number: (845) 297-1506
Contact the Circulation Desk to place holds, to renew materials, to look up a book, or to register for most programs
Director & Notary Services: Fran Harrison — directorgrinnell-library.org
Youth Services & Children’s Programming: Molly Stevens — mstevensgrinnell-library.org
Volunteer Coordinator: Nancy Wendel — eventsgrinnell-library.org
Interlibrary Loan Clerk & Readers Rendezvous: Lacey Snowden — l.snowdengrinnell-library.org
Take a look at a fun PDF slideshow about the Grinnell Public Library – complete with photographs of our renovated Children’s Room!
Microfilm Archive Collections
Grinnell Library owns microfilm of several local newspapers; please ask at the Circulation Desk for the rolls you wish to view.
|Local Newspapers||Older Local Newspapers|
January 1986 – March 1987
May 1987 – June 1987
January 1990 – October 2001
Southern Dutchess News:
Assorted issues from 1956, 1957, August 1957 – December 2011
June 1910 – September 1928
February 1935 – June 1938Wappingers Herald:
September 1928 – June 1936Wappingers Falls Shopper:
November 1953 – August 1958Wappingers Post:
February 1939 – November 1939