Downloadable Audio Books & eBooks
Enjoy titles on your cell phone, iPod, or eBook reader
What You Need:
How It Works:
Step 1: Browse
Step 2: Check Out
- Add selections to your 'Cart'. Note: if a title is not available, you may place a hold. You will receive an email when the title is available for checkout.
- Click on the 'Proceed to Checkout' link and enter your library card number.
Step 3: Download ... enjoy!
- Click the 'Download' button under each title to launch the software.
- Select Parts to download, then click 'OK'.
- You can read your downloaded materials on your computer or a portable device.
- Once downloaded, most titles can be transferred to a variety of devices - (audio books - iPod, MP3 players, and cellphones), (e books - Nook, iPad, Sony Reader, etc).
Transfer to a Portable Device
After download, most titles can be transferred to a portable device. To transfer:
- Click the 'Transfer' button in OverDrive Media Console to launch the 'Transfer Wizard'.
- Select the parts you wish to transfer. After transfer is complete, you may disconnect your device and enjoy your title on the go.
Burn Audio Books to CD
After download, many audio titles can be burned to CD.
Answers to Frequent Questions
- Click the 'Burn' button in OverDrive Media Console to launch the Burn Wizard.
- Select the parts you wish to burn. When the burn process is complete, you may enjoy your title on the go.
- Downloaded materials return themselves - the files automatically expire (and become inactive) once the lending period is complete. Just delete these files to remove them from your computer.
- Returning items early - Audio Books cannot be returned early at this time; eBooks can be.
- More eBook titles will be available over time.
- Media console for iPhone now available - Click here for more details.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 April 2013 16:44