Thanks to the generosity of the Friends of the Grinnell Library, Stewart’s Shops, and our neighboring museums, we are able to offer museum passes to the following:
Effective May 2, 2022:
- American Museum of Natural History – Central Park West at 79th Street
All visitors are required to reserve a ticket in advance of visiting. Access the website: www.amnh.org. At the bottom of the ticket selection page choose PASS/VOUCHER HOLDER.
- Boscobel House and Gardens – Garrison (Putnam)
- Reservations for grounds access are no longer required, but they are required for guided tours. In order to receive the discount for a guided house tour or guided gardens tour, the Library Pass patrons will need to enter the discount code: MEMLIB21 on the second page of the registration form when signing up.
- Danbury Railway Museum – Danbury (Connecticut)
- FDR Presidential Library & Museum – Hyde Park (Dutchess) Open. Free pass can be emailed to you by the Mid-Hudson Library System and the Poughkeepsie Public Library District. Contact the Reference Desk at Poughkeepsie Public Library District at (845) 485-3445, ext. 3702 to reserve the pass that will provide free admission for one (1) family.
- Hudson River Maritime Museum – Kingston (Ulster)
- Hudson River Museum – Yonkers (Westchester) In order to schedule a visit please access the website: www.hrm.org/plan-your-visit. Select the date and time slot and choose the “Member Library” to add to the cart. You will be asked to provide the library pass when you check in at the Welcome Desk.
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum – Pier 86 (by West 46th St and 12th Ave)
All visitors are required to reserve a ticket in advance of visiting. Access the special link to reserve: https://www.intrepidmuseum.org/purchase-tickets.aspx?PartnerID=1299. At the museum patrons will be required to show their library card along with their tickets. They will NOT be required to have the library membership pass with them.
- Mohonk Preserve – New Paltz (Ulster)
- Motorcyclepedia – Newburgh (Orange)
- Museum Village – Monroe (Orange)
- NYS Empire Pass – Throughout New York State
- NY State Parks, Beaches, and Historic Sites are open.
- Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome – Rhinebeck (Dutchess)
- Open May 1 – October 31
- Storm King Art Center – Cornwall (Orange)
- Library patrons can simply show the pass at the admissions booth upon arrival for free 6-person car admission.
Contact the front desk to ask if a particular pass is available. Passes are checked out on a first-come, first-served basis.
Passes must be returned to a staff member at the Grinnell Library Circulation Desk during regular library hours. They may not be returned in the Book Drop or to another library. Passes may be checked out to library patrons with a valid library card in good standing. There are no renewals. There is a limit of one pass per family at any one time.
In addition, the FDR Presidential Library & Museum pass can be emailed to you by the Mid-Hudson Library System and the Poughkeepsie Public Library District. Contact the Reference Desk at Poughkeepsie Public Library District at (845) 485-3445, ext. 3702 to reserve the pass that will provide free admission for one (1) family.